Phone: (888) 709-4448
CONCEPT Professional Training, a global leader in online professional training in forensic mental health, announced today that it has launched a new professional online training program called Evaluation of Risk for Violence Using the HCR-20 Version 3. This training program was developed by Drs. Stephen Hart and Kevin Douglas and is presented in partnership with ProActive ReSolutions. The HCR-20 (Version 2; Webster, Douglas, Eaves, & Hart, 1997), according to a recent survey, is the most commonly used violence risk assessment measure across 44 different countries. It helps professionals in correctional, mental health, and forensic settings make decisions about who poses higher versus lower risk for violence, either within institutions or in the community, and to devise and monitor violence risk management plans.
This Evaluation of Risk for Violence Using the HCR-20 Version 3 training program is primarily for criminal justice, mental health, and victim support professionals – those who work with (alleged) perpetrators and victims of violence.
“The HCR20 Version 3 maintains the basic features of Version 2, but has additional features that will help decision makers to determine which risk factors are most relevant at the individual level,” explains Dr. Hart. “Factors like how to produce a meaningful case formulation, how to develop helpful risk management plans, and how to make decisions about level of violence risk.”
This professional online training program will specifically cover:
* How to describe important historical movements in the violence risk field that led to the development of the HCR-20 Version 3,
* How to contrast the strengths and weaknesses of actuarial and unstructured clinical prediction, and how Structured Professional Judgment (SPJ) differs from both of these approaches,
* Understanding the importance of risk management in the SPJ approach,
* Assessing how the HCR-20 Version 3 differs from and improves upon the HCR-20 Version 2,
* Scoring the HCR-20 Version 3 items, and
* Applying the HCR-20 Version 3 to actual case analysis.
For more information on the Evaluation of Risk for Violence Using the HCR-20 Version 3, visit here.
For a full list of all Professional Online and In-Person Training Programs, visit the information page.
Consolidated Continuing Education & Professional Training (CONCEPT) provides expert online professional training in areas relevant to criminal and civil forensic mental health assessment, corrections, law enforcement, and forensic intervention. Our goal is to provide premium professional training in an accessible online format. We believe in the value of world-class professional training, enhanced by continuing education and lifelong learning, in an online format accessible to all.